<$BlogRSDURL$>
"Food responds to our soul's dream as to our stomach's appetite."
Joseph Delteil, La Cuisine paléolithique, 1964
Yarr, I blog like a Pirate!
Sibilous
Observations on Food in the Bay Area
8.30.2004
 
Serving size: 1 Tube
My coworkers and I have long joked about "tube food" being perhaps the most perfect, efficient form of take-out edibles available. Burritos, shawerma, wacky wraps... you name it, and somehow tubing it only seems to improve the combination, while simultaneously making it neat & easy to eat on the go.
The thing you don't often see, however, are tube related serving suggestions.

I just finished gnoshing on a Barq's root beer float frozen pre-packaged snack. On the back of said snack, the serving size was listed as "1 Tube" and I must admit, we were duly amused.

Of course, with the way most taquerias serve burritos, the listed serving size would often have to be "1/2 tube" or some such, but still. I like the concept.

PS: sure, it's a double post, but hey - it's equally relevant in both contexts, no?
 

Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com